Waterbirth: The Warmest Welcome For Babies & The Most Gentle Birth for Mothers
Known benefits of water-labour and waterbirth:
• Facilitates mobility and enables the mother to assume any position which is comfortable for labour and birth
• Speeds up labour
• Reduces blood pressure
• Gives mother more feelings of control
• Provides significant pain relief
• Promotes relaxation
• Conserves her energy
• Reduces the need for drugs and interventions
• Gives mother a private protected space
• Reduces perineal trauma and eliminates episiotomies
• Reduces cesarean section rates
• Is highly rated by mothers - typically stating they would consider giving birth in water again
• Is highly rated by experienced providers
• Encourages an easier birth for mother and a gentler welcome for baby
Join the growing number of women who are taking control of their birth experiences and making them great by using water.
What if you're planning a hospital birth? Unfortunately in our communities you cannot have a waterbirth at the hospital. But that doesn't mean you have to miss out! You can still reek the benefits of water labour by using the pool in your home before it's time to go to the hospital. You can have a shorter, more comfortable, and relaxing early labour in the pool.
Early labour is the longest part, why not sit back and relax in a hot tub?
Note: Guelph General Hospital does have a jacuzzi, I repeat a jacuzzi -so as long as nobody is in it and it has been sanitized from the last user you can labour in it, but when it's time to push baby out you have to get out.
Still not sure about water-labour/birth? Check out Waterbirth International's Waterbirth Information for frequently asked questions about water-labour, research documents, birth stories and more. Or contact me with any questions or concerns.
Click here to learn about First Breath's Water-Labour Pool Rental.
"People never sing...except in the bathroom. Birthing women also make their natural sounds next to running water. There is something about the power of water. People are drawn to water, spas, and sacred streams. Women in labor are drawn to water, too." Michel Odent, MD
* Water-Labour and HypnoBirthing are a match made in Heaven *
First Breath is a proud member of Waterbirth International.
Gift Certificates available in any amount on the Shopping page.
Give the Gift of Water-Labour.