After enduring pregnancy and birth parents deserve a little pampering. Chances are you're pretty busy so keeping it simple is a must. Just preparing these herbs will fill your home with aromatic stress relief and comfort. The liquid you make (or ideally that someone makes for you) has multiple uses. It is safe for you and your baby too.
Postpartum uses include:
- As a bath. Only fill the bath to your hip level for maximum potency.
- Tears / Stitches
- Varicose veins
- Sore muscles
- Stress / Anxiety
- Sore breasts
- Peri Bottles. Fill your peri bottle with the herb liquid to make using the toilet more comfortable and help heal your perenium at the same time. You can also squirt your peri bottle over your sore breasts or you can squirt the herb liquid over your baby to bathe and relax them.
- Compresses. You can soak a cloth or disposable sanitary pad in the herb liquid and apply to your sore bottom or breasts, varicose veins or hemorrhoids. Some mothers like to freeze the compress before applying them to the affected areas.
- Sore breasts and nipples. Soak your sore breasts/nipples for a few minutes at your desired temperature then rinse off and pat dry in case baby doesn't appreciate the smell or taste on the breast. Helps with all types of sore breasts/nipples.
- If you are not breastfeeding these soaks will help ease the pain while reducing your milk production.
Instructions: Place single ziplock pouch or one cup from the large paper bag (shake first) in to your biggest pot with a lid. Fill the pot with water (leaving enough room to boil), cover and bring to a boil. You will know it's boiling when you see steam escaping from the lid. Do not remove lid or you will loose potency.
Once boiling reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, then turn off. Do not remove lid until cooled or you will loose potency in the steam.
Once cooled reserve the liquid in airtight containers, ice cube trays and/or freezer bags and refrigerate for a couple weeks until use or freeze until use.